- Created in Rabat , 1979
- Organised its first annual conference, 1980
- Has regularly organised an annual conference since its creation
- Has been awarded the patron of His Majesty the King since 1989
- Has run national as well as international events
- Won the Worldaware Business Award, 2004.
MATE aims to:
- contribute to the improvement of the teaching of English in Morocco .
- encourage contacts among teachers in Morocco on the one hand, and between these teachers and teachers of English in other countries on the other hand.
- encourage research in the field of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in Morocco.
- MATE Newsletter (quarterly).
- MATE Proceedings.
- ESP Newsletter (bi-annual).
- Teacher Training and Supervision Newsletter (bi-annual).
- Website: www.mate.ma
- Books and other publications.
- Mail lists (e-groups).
- MATE Proceedings CDROM.
- MATE study days (all over the country).
- Annual conference (yearly).
- Regional mini-conferences (mainly by local branches).
- SIG (special interest group) colloquia.
- Colloquia on NGO management, quality of services etc.
- Conferences on language planning, translation, etc.
- Participation in regional and international conferences.